1) Ancient Romans and Greeks believed that diamonds were tears created by the gods or splinters from falling stars.
2) Ancient Romans believed that Cupid’s arrows were tipped with diamonds. This is believed to perhaps be the earliest association between diamonds and romantic love.
3) Ancient Hindus believed that diamonds were able to protect the wearer from harm.
4) During the Middle Ages, diamonds were thought to have healing properties that could cure everything from fatigue to mental illness.
5) A law in the 13th Century France decreed that only the King could wear diamonds. Aren’t you glad that you don’t live in 13th Century France!?
Visit us online: diamondandgoldexchangeusa.com